LIKE WHAT YOU READ? WANT TO TAKE ACTION? INTERESTED PARTIES CAN APPLY DIRECTLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Questions? Contact Recruiter Blake Thiess at 360.356.3380 or at email@example.com!
Imagine waking up each morning knowing that you're about to do some good in the world...
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values: respect, integrity, commitment and trust that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day.
The Health Services Director at our beautiful 130 bed Manteca assisted living community is a Registered Nurse that is responsible for the coordination and oversight of health and supportive services provided to residents at the Assisted Living Residence.
- Fosters a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents’ rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect.
- Assesses health, functional and psychosocial status of residents, initiating individualized service plans, proactively managing care and services for each resident, and maximizing the resident’s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment.
- Ensures that residents’ care needs are met by coordinating with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Arranges ancillary services, such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed.
- Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their health care practitioners.
- Provides training, supervision, monitoring of staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health related services, assuring that ALS’ philosophy of care is practiced.
- Communicates regularly with residents’ families regarding health care needs. Provides instruction and reassurance for residents and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions.
- Problem-solves with Executive Director to manage residents with challenging needs.
- Assists in assessing urgent problems and advises; supports and problem-solves with Executive Director in actions to take when health concerns arise.
- Sees that all resident care is properly documented, that resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to resident care. Takes responsibility for keeping informed of industry and health care trends and standards, applying new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents.
- Seeks out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents’ needs are met and proper practices followed.
- Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team by representing the residence in a positive manner to outside agencies and participating in residence social functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a current, unencumbered RN license in the state or the ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Associate Degree in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Minimum of one year experience working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
- One year in a supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
- Additional course work in management an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Engage with Prestige Care on social media (Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn) using the handle, @JobsAtPrestige!
Equal Opportunity Employer