Ashby Ponds, a growing CCRC in Ashburn, VA, is seeking a talented Clinical Nurse Manager (RN) for its Continuing Care neighborhood (post-acute rehabilitation). The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents’ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first. Members of the Continuing Care team provide Person Centered Care, treating residents as individuals with strengths and gifts and actively listening to their voice in what care and services are provided.
The Nurse Manager, is an active, skilled member of the clinical leadership team who is committed to provide residents/guests with quality individualized healthcare, to meet federal, state and local regulations and coordinates clinical care delivery with 24/7 responsibility within the extended care setting. In addition, they are responsible for providing the coordination and completion of the MDS as outlined in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) manual and managing/coordinating the documentation related to clinical reimbursement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
• Coordination, implementation and review of clinical care for residents on neighborhood.
• Ownership for documentation process including MDS, care plans, incident reports and charting.
• Review and feedback to nurses and CNAs relating to clinical performance.
• Ownership of clinical quality areas including wound care, infection control, falls risk reduction, pain management, weight loss, dehydration, etc.
• Participation and input into hiring and performance review processes.
• Monthly review and communication of key clinical metrics.
• Clinical review and management of nurses and aides working on unit.