The Assistant Director of Nursing/Clinical Manager for the Post-Acute Neighborhood is an active, key member of the clinical leadership team who is committed to provide residents with quality individualized, person-centered healthcare, within the continuing care (SNF/AL/MC) setting.
- Coordinates and provides clinical oversight and care to residents within Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care. This will include medication management, pain management, wound care, nutrition, and respiratory care.
- Provides the coordination and completion of the MDS as outlined in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) manual and managing/coordinating the documentation related to clinical reimbursement.
- Ensure resident pre-screening/admission, re-admission, on-going and significant change of condition assessments are completed. Ensures resident’s clinical assessments and care plans reflect the resident’s preferences, goals and individualized clinical needs.
- Partners with SDC to ensure that medication care associates have medication observation skills checks completed per policy and/or state /local regulations.
- Participate in functions/meetings relating to resident or family needs in Continuing Care.
- Partner with the DON to ensure all aspects of infection control for staff and residents are maintained and collaborates to develop appropriate policies for infection control monitoring to include antibiotic stewardship
- Tracks and trends/analyzes clinical quality areas within Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care including wound care, infection control, falls risk reduction, pain management, weight loss and dehydration and develops corrective action plans, implements plan and evaluates results of plan identified areas of concerns.
- Actively participate in continuing care meetings to include Operations Meeting, Service Plan Meetings, Family Meetings and Performance Improvement/Risk Management/Safety (PI/RM/S) Committee.